We love working with Shopify Plus, and all of the merchants we've dealt with love working with it too.
As a SaaS platform solution, it eliminates many of the headaches of dealing with on-premise or managed solutions like Magento: security, hosting, scaling, uptime and upgrades are 100% handled by Shopify's world class engineering team.
An ever-evolving platform
In the past couple of years, the Shopify Plus platform has evolved the "core" Shopify offering into a truly world-class ecommerce solution for enterprise retailers, matching and in many cases surpassing the features offered by older platforms.
Some of the key features we and our clients love about Shopify Plus are:
- Removes the need to think about hosting, upgrades, maintenance or scaling during peak traffic periods (Plus currently supports high volume stores processing 6,000 checkouts per minute and Fortune 500 companies doing $500m per year in online revenue);
- Incredibly easy to use interface, giving merchants and their team the ability to manage their site’s products, content and layout while maintaining adherence to style guides and performance targets;
- Largest and fastest-growing ecosystem of trusted third-party applications and integrations of any ecommerce platform, extending the platform’s capabilities even further without sacrificing on the speed or security of the core platform;
- Fully customisable front end, meaning anything that’s possible on the web is possible with Shopify Plus;
- Workflow automation tools, giving ecommerce managers the ability to define business rules and schedule campaign/promotion launches on the fly using a graphical user interface and without relying on custom development;
- Powerful, robust and stable API, making custom extensions that don’t require constant upgrading easy to develop.
Moving the needle for merchants
In our experience, merchants have been able to benefit immensely from the fact that Shopify Plus provides so much functionality out of the box in addition to transparently handling so many of the operational aspects of running an ecommerce site.
Without needing to worry about maintenance, hosting or server management, and so many features baked in, merchants can spend more of their time focused on their brand and the things that actually move the needle for their online sales: customer experience, marketing, promotions and conversion optimisation.