Careers / Open position · Full-time
Product Success Manager
Join a team that values professional development, creative freedom, thoughtful code, and building products that make an impact for merchants.
Disco Labs is looking for a new product success manager to join our team. We’re a company that values professional development, creative freedom, thoughtful work, and building software that makes an impact for merchants.
Our product Submarine powers flexible commerce experiences for merchants all around the world and our vision is to build it into a core piece of the world’s global ecommerce infrastructure - and all as part of people-first company built on trust, innovation and excellence.
Our ideal candidate has at least three years’ experience working in online retail or digital project management in a professional context and is based in Australia. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply - we believe strongly in diversity and in building an inclusive and supportive company.
We want to speak to people directly - no recruiters please!
What you’ll be doing
- Be the first port of call for support for our clients, providing ongoing progress updates and facilitating any required discussion between the client and the production team;
- Support new clients during their onboarding phase to the product by understanding their business requirements, provide documentation and training sessions;
- Refine processes for the effective and efficient handling of customer support requests across Disco’s range of products, including ticket management and implementation workflows;
- Performing final internal UAT prior to ensure correctness before handover to clients;
- Report on support request metrics such as response and resolution times;
- Working with the Lead Product Manager to identify, prioritise, and manage work stemming from customer support tickets;
- Working with the Lead Product Manager to handle documentation and communication of new product releases to customers;
- Representing customer needs and concerns in product roadmapping sessions, suggesting new features and improvements to help customers.
Who you’ll be working with
- Our Product Manager Devin is responsible for overseeing the process of new feature development from ideation to launch. She works closely with development teams to ensure that every product meets our high standards of excellence;
- Our CEO & Founder Gavin is a well known face in the Shopify ecosystem so you’ll be working closely with him on marketing, sales, and branding opportunities;
- Our development team is led by our Technical Director David, a highly experienced Ruby developer. His role is to support all of the developers on our team to ensure we’re delivering quality code and levelling up our skills at the same time.
Core skills required
- You’re a self starter and love a new challenge;
- You’re a communicator, who recognises that our team is based on collaboration and transparency;
- You have at least 3 years experience working in a support role or project management at an agency;
- You have experience using ticket based platforms and working within the agile framework;
- You enjoy sharing your experience and skills with others, and get satisfaction from helping other people work through a tricky problem;
- You’re curious and like to dive deep into what you’re working on and learn new things.
Skills that are “nice to have”
- You have had some exposure to Shopify or other ecommerce platforms;
- You’ve worked with development and software products before so understand the lingo.
What we offer
- We want you to be comfortable, so we will offer you a competitive salary with leave and benefits. We will be offering a base salary of between AUD$75,795 to $97,641 (ex super) for this role, alongside a meaningful equity stake in the business taking the total annual package to between AUD$81,235 and AUD$108,249;
- We place an emphasis on personal development, with dedicated time scheduled by our production team for self-directed learning and exploration and a personal learning budget to invest in yourself;
- We have a flexible work policy that’s designed to help people fit work around life, not the other way around. We’re happy to accommodate early/late starts for school pickups, easing a commute, or other ongoing commitments. This extends to working from home and remote work;
- We operate on a 3-week work cycle designed for calm, focused work. We start with a 4-day “jog week” (every third Wednesday is a day off) followed by two 5-day development weeks.
- We’ll support your professional development however you need, whether it’s with equipment, courses, books or conferences;
- Opportunities to work remotely anywhere in the world for extended periods of time;
- We offer a profit sharing scheme to all employees, as a way for everyone on the team to share our successes;
- Monthly wellbeing allowance you’re free to spend on new running shoes, yoga classes, mindfulness classes - whatever keeps you happy and healthy;
- We offer one annual day off per year for employees wanting to do charitable work;
- We match any annual charitable donations made by employees up to a limit of $250;
- A twice-yearly offsite retreat to take a step back, reflect and plan for the rest of the year.
We have four core values that guide our work.
- We are genuine - We don’t use empty words, or present a facade of what Disco is like as a company, either to team members or to clients. We pride ourselves on transparency. We are human, and recognise that everyone else is too.
- We are invested - We care about what we’re doing, and seek to only do work that has a genuine impact for our clients and customers. We care about each other, and want everyone to grow, learn and succeed in their role. We put the needs and wellbeing of people above deadlines, profit, or arbitrary company goals.
- We are experts - We pride ourselves on our deep technical knowledge. If it can be done on Shopify, we can do it. We openly teach what we know to our ecosystem through events, groups, products and open source. We know that there’s always more to learn. We set a high standard internally, and hold ourselves and each other to that standard.
- We deliver - We don’t make empty promises. If we say we’ll get something done, we’ll get it done — whether it’s a commitment to a client or a commitment to a teammate. We surprise and delight our clients by going the extra mile when we can.
Learn more and apply
We value transparency, so if you’re keen to get more insight into what it’s like working at Disco, our company handbook is public.
If Disco sounds like the right place for you, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover lever should address:
- why you want to work at Disco Labs specifically;
- what your favourite software product is, and why;
- recent excellent online retail experience you had, and why it was great.